2/10 Screams
Joe Johnston's re-imagined take on the classic should be thrown to the wolves. Built around cheap, loud scares and a weak story, The Wolfman is sure to give you a headache or time for a nap. I went into this movie so excited but was let down within the first 15 minutes by boring dialogue, blah acting, and unbelievable characters.
I am a huge horror fan and love when a movie gets my blood pumping. Who ever says that horror movies just don't scare them are definitely watching the wrong ones! Other than the occasional cheap, loud scare, The Wolfman left me begging for a scene of suspense or a genuine, scary feel.
The gore was entertaining in some parts of this film, but fell victim to poor special effects and a terribly imagined, throwback style Wolfman. Less revealing angles or a shaky filming style would have saved the Wolfman from looking like an overrated actor in a gorilla suit. This all leads up to a very cheesy climax of not so special effects.
When there was not a werewolf on screen it was hard to keep my eyes open. Between the confusing flashbacks and very unbelievable characters this movie left me asking "REALLY?". This film tries its hardest to develop a gloomy past for Benicio's character but misses by a mile. Hopkin's and Blunt's characters are quick to do exactly what you thought they would and will have you saying "I told you so" to your friend sitting next to you.
I am thankful I had free tickets to an advanced screening of this film! If you're looking for anything remotely scary or entertaining, I recommend looking anywhere else. Thanks for reading and I hope this review helped.
No comments:
Post a Comment